Scholarship and Grant Areas
The following table summarizes the types of grants and selection processes. Note these guidelines will evolve over time so, if your current proposal does not fit into one of the groupings, please contact the Secretary.
Uses of Scholarship or Grant Funding
A DDF scholarship / grant could support:
- Tuition fees
- Course books / materials
- Other direct costs of participating in dairy Certificate or agribusiness Diploma courses
- Relevant study visits outside the Western District
- Additional relevant short courses to develop advanced technical and management skills
- Costs of obtaining relevant short-term higher-level work experience to gain specialised knowledge and experience relevant to their future work in Western Victoria. This could include travel within or outside Australia to/from the work assignment. Details on the planned work experiences, reasons why it is important and expected extra costs should be included with a proposal
- Specialised farm management software / hardware
- The proposed allocation of DDF funds provided would be documented in the application for / assessment of a grant.
Please contact the Secretary or other Board members if your proposed activity is outside the guidelines above but will deliver direct benefits to fellow dairy farmers or the wider dairy industry. The Foundation wants to be flexible in its approach.